Update announcement sent by email to subscribers on August 4th, 2015
This update contains all of the following improvements:
- NEW FEATURE: Web Access. WHAT?! Yup, it is finally here. You can now access Vincent directly at www.slingshotdatalabs.com. Just click the Login button and enter your existing username and password. Use it as a backup option if you forget your iPhone at home, or your iPad battery is dead. Some may like it so much that they use it as their primary connection method. It is up to you. I am really excited about the new opportunities this will create for Vincent and this is just the beginning. For now, the web access is mobile optimized, but it works just as well on a desktop. The layout responds to the size of your browser window, so if using on a desktop you might want to open it in a separate window and shrink it down to a mobile device sized window. Pro tip… Once you log in, don’t use your Browser’s back or forward buttons. Only use the buttons provided in Vincent to navigate.
- NEW FEATURE: Android Support. NO WAY! Yes, for real. Android devices can now use Vincent as well because the new Web Access is optimized for Chrome as well as Safari and Internet Explorer for that matter (Safari or Chrome is preferred).
- NEW FEATURE: Inspections. This one took a few months of coding all by itself. When you are viewing an Opportunity or Deal record, just swipe to the left (Tap or click on the Navigation Dots on the Web) and you will see the new Inspections feature. Inspections employ custom templates to assist with repeating inspections. The first inspection for each Deal or Opportunity is automatically saved as a template, and the next inspection can be either another template or another inspection based on an existing template. You can rate, note, and photo an unlimited number of rooms and even elements within a room consistently every time. These are great for construction progress, pre-staging condition reports, Land Lord compliance inspections, and anything else you want to inspect and keep accurate records of. This is just the beginning to this feature and there are a lot more enhancements in the roadmap for it.
- NEW FEATURE: Re-Assignment of contacts to other staff members. If a staff member leaves the business, or just changes roles you can now re-assign their contacts just like you do for Opportunities, or anything else. Support requests for this purpose are no longer required.
- ENHANCEMENT: Nearly all layouts have been tweaked a bit for better compatibility between all the different platforms we are supporting now. This also includes redesigned top and bottom navigation bars.
- ENHANCEMENT: Note field added to contacts.
- ENHANCEMENT: Birthdate field added to contacts.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue that prevented adding photos to properties for some users.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue that presented an error message if the user did not have any assigned records of a particular type and would result in displaying all records instead of none.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue that prevented copy and past for some users.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue that prevented dictation for some users.